Loading…
This event has ended. View the official site or create your own event → Check it out
This event has ended. Create your own
Please note that Monday, May 15 consists of pre-convention meetings, digital service workshops, the Entertainment & Technology Law Conference, and the Industry Jam 2. The full program will take place Tuesday, May 16  through Thursday, May 18.  
View analytic
Tuesday, May 16 • 3:00pm - 3:50pm
Beyond the 1%: Democratizing Music Industry Funding

Sign up or log in to save this to your schedule and see who's attending!

Historically, there have been two music industries — the 1% enjoyed the rockstar life, while the other 99% struggled to survive. But it’s a new day. The Internet has democratized music discovery and consumption, and with it has come an explosion of alternative financing and funding opportunities outside of the traditional label/publisher system. These options include royalty investment options, to crowdsourcing, to microfinancing. This panel will explore how alternatives to label/publisher advances are leveling the playing field for artists/songwriters looking for new ways to fund their career, as well as how labels and distributors can leverage their catalog in new ways to compete in today’s digital economy.


Moderators
avatar for Antony Bruno

Antony Bruno

Director of Communications, Royalty Exchange
As the former digital editor for Billboard magazine, Antony Bruno followed the digital music industry's evolution since the launch of iTunes. He since has advised such music services as Beats Music, Beatport, Topspin, Xbox, Mixcloud and others. He is currently the Director of Com... Read More →

Speakers
avatar for Eli Ball

Eli Ball

CEO, Lyric Financial
Although he got his start on the creative side of the music business, for the past decade in his role as Founder and CEO of Lyric Financial, Eli Ball has been serving the global music community by creating a variety of financial products tailored just for them.  His most recent... Read More →
avatar for Molly Neuman

Molly Neuman

Head of Music, Kickstarter
Molly Neuman is the Head of Music at Kickstarter. Prior to joining Kickstarter, Neuman was Interim President and VP of the American Association of Independent Music (A2IM). Before A2IM, she held senior roles in label relations at Rhapsody International and eMusic. She also worked in both artist management and on the label side as both Founder of her own company, Simple Social Graces Discos, and as Partner at Lookout... Read More →
avatar for Matt Smith

Matt Smith

CEO, Royalty Exchange
Matt Smith is an experienced entrepreneur, investor, and advisor who has founded and led multiple successful businesses. He is a passionate free market advocate dedicated to providing rightsholders and creative professionals with fair financial options, and has extensive experien... Read More →


Tuesday May 16, 2017 3:00pm - 3:50pm
209/210 (CC)

Attendees (112)